Designation : Managing Director
Set up Scantech International Ltd in 2002 after producing the business plan and obtaining financial backing from the bank. Managing Director of the company with responsibility for the financial management of Scantech International with full profit and loss accountability. Also responsible for all HSE issues as well as the Sales, Marketing and Commercial activities. The company has reached £6m turnover since trading start up in 2002.
He has extensive UK and international experience in Project Management, Design, Construction and Commissioning with particular emphasis on team leadership, change management, alliance/partnering set-up and operations and risk management in a range of industries.
- Head of Projects and member of the senior management team for the Engineering Business Group within AMEC employing 30 project management and services personnel. Responsible for the commercial performance of all engineering projects and the utilisation and development of personnel.
- Alliance manager for three major clients, Shell Stanlow for Costain and Associated Octel (£10m per annum t/o) and Albright and Wilson (£4m per annum t/o) for AMEC, with responsibility for the set-up of the engineering, design and project delivery services and the transfer of the work from the in-house design teams to Costain and AMEC.
- Incorporation of Best Practice into the operational procedures and introduced culture change to move away from adversarial claims approach to co-operative non-confrontational relational management style.
- Development and implementation of Key Performance Indicators for measuring the overall performance of the Engineering Group.
- Key role in the successful award of six long term alliance contracts over 24 months resulting in a three fold growth in the size of the Engineering Group.
- Undertook strategic review of the Engineering group, which identified specific business objectives and subsequently produced a detailed business plan incorporating the strategy and action plans to meet the specific objectives