Laser Scanning to BIM (Building Information Modelling) Surveys
Since our start-up 15 years ago we have developed a particular expertise in all aspects of Laser Scanning, BIM Surveys and BIM 3D modelling and our BIM Modelling Services are second to none.
3-D laser scanning uses a very rapid laser beam of up to 1 million points per second to scan the environment and capture a vast quantity of data in the form of a pointcloud.
Our 3D laser scanners are therefore ideal for quickly capturing large areas, structures and buildings to a high level of detail. This data allows our 3D BIM modellers to accurately re-create the as-built structure/building using :
- Neutral Formats
The intelligent 3D model allows users to quickly manipulate, change, analyse and adapt all aspects of the existing as-built model.
The Advantages Of Laser Scanning for BIM Surveys
There are real advantages in using our BIM Services and these include :
- A significant reduction in time on site to carry out the survey compared to traditional surveying
- Safety - Usually no working at HEIGHT and less time on site
- The exceptionally high level of detail being captured including complex features
- Elimination of return visits to site
- 5mm accuracy throughout the whole model
- Cost - For the volume of data captured the cost compared to traditional surveys is significantly less
BIM Consulting Services
Scantech International can provide advice relating to all aspects of BIM including :
BIM Models – the initial as-built BIM 3D model created from the laser scan data is used as the initial design model, which can be manipulated, changed, analysed and adapted throughout the project life cycle.
The BIM Model is centred around an intelligent multi-discipline 3-D CAD platform and is becoming increasingly adopted where it adds value to deliver :
- Enhanced Collaboration between all the project participants
- Optimum design
- Clash detection
- Operability and most importantly
- Reduced CAPEX and OPEX costs
For more information on BIM Models and BIM Modelling Services please see our BIM Modelling page